Swine in Kansas
The Kansas Swine Industry is a robust industry with Kansas producers marketing approximately 2.5 million pigs with a gross market value of about $300,000,000. The swine industry plays a significant role in the Kansas economy.
Our K-State Swine Team works with producers and industry leaders to accomplish the following mission statement:
Be the leading swine nutrition team by developing, evaluating, implementing and disseminating the latest technology to increase profitability of pork producers.
Primary Objectives to accomplish our mission include:
- Provide opportunities for young professionals to develop their careers as swine technologists.
- Hire and retain leading swine faculty.
- Maintain a high level of extra-mural funding.
- Focus on key factors to maintain producer profitability and resultant support of our swine program.
- Continually build facilities and relationships needed to conduct cutting-edge research.
- Practice teamwork including open communication, mutual respect, a family environment and the highest ethics.