2019 K-State Animal Sciences & Industry Academic Quadrathlon
A fun, friendly and potentially lucrative competition that shows your knowledge and experience in animal sciences! All aspects are completed as a team.
Online registration is now available: 2019 K-State Animal Sciences Academic Quadrathlon Registration
Deadline: 11 p.m., Thursday, January 31
Monday, Feb. 18 - 6 p.m. start - Weber Hall - Lab practicum and written exam
Tuesday, Feb. 19 – 6 p.m. start - Weber Hall - Quiz bowl and oral presentation
Thursday, Feb. 21 – 6 p.m. start - Alumni Center - Final events, placings & CoCo Bolo's catered meal
Winning team will represent K-State at the Midwest AQ contest, Omaha, NE, March 10-12, 2019
- Each participant will receive a long sleeve t-shirt!
- Winning team members from each of the four events will receive $200 scholarship!
- Second-place team members from each of the four events will receive $100 scholarship!
- Third-place team members from each of the four events will receive $50 gift card!
- Overall winners receive custom belt buckles crafted by Max Lang Buckles, Houston, Texas (See display buckle in lounge area outside Weber Hall 123)!
- Enjoy a Coco Bolo's catered meal at the KSU Alumni Center on the finals night, February 22
Mandatory Orientation Meeting (at least 1 team member)
Tuesday, Feb. 5 - 5:30 p.m. – Weber 111
Assembling a Team
Assemble teams of people with diverse expertise and abilities (e.g. someone with experience with companion animals who has also had reproduction; someone who had A&P, but knows sheep and showed horses). Participate even if you're a freshman or sophomore. Often teams that do well have one or more members who have competed before, so getting started early and competing multiple years is good…...plus, it really is fun!
If interested but don’t have a full team, just let me, AQ Ambassadors Jenna Chance or Shane Newton know as we can help put teams together….
Questions? Contact Karol Fike in 241 Weber Hall at 532-1104 or email@example.com