2018 K-State Animal Sciences & Industry Academic Quadrathlon
A fun, friendly and potentially lucrative competition that shows your knowledge and experience in animal sciences!
Online registration is now available: 2018 K-State Animal Sciences Academic Quadrathlon Registration
Deadline: 11 p.m., Wednesday, January 31
Monday, Feb. 19 - 6 p.m. start - Weber Hall - Lab practicum and written exam
Tuesday, Feb. 20 – 6 p.m. start - Weber Hall - Quiz bowl and oral presentation
Thursday, Feb. 22 – 6 p.m. start - Alumni Center - Final events, placings & CoCo Bolo's catered meal
Winning team will represent K-State at the Midwest AQ contest, Omaha, NE, March 11-13, 2018
- Each participant will receive a long sleeve t-shirt!
- Winning team members from each of the four events will receive $200 scholarship!
- Second-place team members from each of the four events will receive $100 scholarship!
- Third-place team members from each of the four events will receive $50 gift card!
- Overall winners receive custom belt buckles crafted by Max Lang Buckles, Houston, Texas (See display buckle in lounge area outside Weber Hall 123)!
- Enjoy a Coco Bolo's catered meal at the KSU Alumni Center on the finals night, February 22
Mandatory Orientation Meeting (at least 1 team member)
Tuesday, Feb. 6 - 5:30 p.m. – Weber 146
Assembling a Team
Assemble teams of people with diverse expertise and abilities (e.g. someone with experience with companion animals who has also had reproduction; someone who had A&P, but knows sheep and showed horses). Participate even if you're a freshman or sophomore. Often teams that do well have one or more members who have competed before....plus, it really is fun!
If interested but don’t have a full team, just let me know and I can help put teams together…..
Questions? Contact Karol Fike in 241 Weber Hall at 532-1104 or firstname.lastname@example.org