Clubs & Activities
Outside the classroom, students learn from contact with other students, faculty, and industry personnel and from hands-on experience with animals and animal products.
The department also sponsors seven judging teams that compete in 20-25 national contests each year. These teams are livestock, meat, wool, horse, dairy, dairy products, and poultry. Participation in the class from which these teams are chosen improves analytical reasoning and the ability to reach logical conclusions and defend decisions orally and in writing.
Participants benefit from lasting friendships, and opportunity to expand leadership potential and an increased understanding of the field that the club represents.
Below is a list of ASI clubs and links to more information.
Block & Bridle
First & Third Tuesday, 7:15 p.m.
123 Weber Hall
- Promote the livestock industry
- Foster relationships with other animal agriculture students
- Participate in industry tours
Collegiate CattlemenFourth Thursday, 6 p.m.
Stanley Stout Center
- Student affiliate of the Kansas Livestock Association and the National Cattlemen's Beef Association
- Committed to member development, career networking and supporting the economic and political well-being of the beef industry
Second Tuesday, 7 p.m.
205 Call Hall
- Sell Eat Beef merchandise
- Attend National Cattleman's Beef Association Convention
- Network with beef producers
- Educate consumers about the benefits of consuming beef
First & Third Tuesday, 6 p.m.
140 Call Hall
- Promote horsemanship in all equine disciplines and equine interests
- Sponsor organized intercollegiate activities and demonstrations
Dairy Science Club
First & Third Tuesday, 6:15 p.m.
204 Call Hall
- Promote and learn about the dairy industry
- Fellowship among students and faculty
Kansas State Pre-Vet Club
Every other Thursday starting September 8, 7 p.m.
Frick Auditorium (location may vary)
- Learn about veterinary medicine and the variety of career options
- Networking with other pre-veterinary students while getting first hand experience
KSU Rodeo Club
Fourth Monday, 7 p.m.
146 Weber Hall
- Increase and maintain interest of college students in rodeo competition and horsemanship
- Promote interest, understanding, appreciation, and vigilance over western life
Website: https://orgsync.com/88649/chapter, http://www.kstaterodeoclub.com/
Meat Science Association
Second Monday, 7 p.m.
111 Weber Hall
- Expose undergraduate and graduate students to the meat industry through company partnerships
- Sponsor student activities including the annual BBQ Contest, quiz bowl team, product development competitions, and industry tours
Food Science Club
First & Third Thursday, 6:30 p.m.
- Promote the food industry
- Networking with other students and the food companies
IHSA Hunter Seat Equestrian Club Team
First Tuesday, 8 p.m.
146 Weber Hall
- Provide students with ongoing riding lessons and the opportunity to practice and develop their horsemanship skills, including horse management, knowledge and athleticism
- Give students the opportunity to compete in the IHSA, which cater to the various levels of riding amongst several different equine disciplines