The following lists provide information for processors in many meat and poultry HACCP topic areas: example plans,forms,supporting documentation resources,assistance, general information,regulations, etc. Look for Seafood HACCP information at the bottom of this page.
- Iowa State University Meat Laboratory
HACCP resources available to guide in the development of foodservice HACCP plans.
- The Ohio State University Meat Science Extension Program
This site contains a list of HACCP consultants, HACCP plan examples, and information pertaining to recall information, lot identification, Listeria control, supporting documentation materials, and emergency management plan examples.
- Texas A&M University Rosenthal Meat Science & Technology Center
HACCP plans and forms are available for downloading to use as teaching tools and as examples for very small plants implementing HACCP. In addition the Prerequisite Programs including GMPs, SOPs, and SSOPs are available for downloading.
A guidebook for the preparation of HACCP plans and 13 generic HACCP modelsare available.
- University of Wisconsin Center for Meat Process Validation
Validation resources, model HACCP plans, monitoring and corrective action guidance are provided.
- Kansas State University
Example HACCP forms
- University of Nebraska
Example HACCP plans and forms, SOP programs, presentations, and other detailed principles of HACCP information
Supporting Documentation & Validation Resources
- Developing Product Lotting and Coding
- Supporting Documentation Databases
K-State Scientific Article Databases Coming Soon!
- Antimicrobials used in RTE meats to control Listeria monocytogenes, allowing processors to operate under Alternative 1 or 2
- Hot water washes to control E. coli O157:H7 contamination during slaughter and through chilling
- The Ohio State University's database is an excellent resource of articles for every HACCP process category.
- K-State Scientific Article Databases Coming Soon!
- Product Category Validation Documents
The University of Wisconsin's Center for Meat Process Validation provides validation documents sorted by HACCP product category.
- The University of Wisconsin's Center for Meat Process Validation provides validation documents sorted by HACCP product category.
- Pathogen Modeling Program
USDA-ARS developed the program for processors to use various environmental conditions to predict the growth and inactivation of foodborne bacteria and pathogens.
- USDA-ARS developed the program for processors to use various environmental conditions to predict the growth and inactivation of foodborne bacteria and pathogens.
- THERM v.2.0
Developed and validated by the University of Wisconsin, this program evaluates raw product temperature variations.
- Developed and validated by the University of Wisconsin, this program evaluates raw product temperature variations.
- Thermometer Calibration Guides
HACCP Information & Assistance
- HACCP and Food Safety Assistance
Provided for small meat and food processing operations in Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, and South Dakota.
- HACCP Books & Videos
Reference materials are available for loan through Kansas State University.
- HACCP Publications
Manuals, handbooks, guides, and videos are available for purchase through the American Meat Institute.
- HACCP Workshops
Workshops are held annually in Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, and South Dakota.
- International HACCP Alliance
Developed on March 25, 1994, this organization provides a uniform program to assure safer meat and poultry products. It is housed within the Department of Animal Science at Texas A&M University. This site links to HACCP related hot topics, alliance news lines, training activities, food industry news, board room and food safety information. A Scientific Article Database is currently underway as well.
- HACCP Final Rule for Meat & Poultry
9 CFR Part 304
- Small & Very Small Plant Outreach
Directives, Q/A, guidelines, and other resources are directed toward the small processor on this site.
- Seafood HACCP training Course
Offered online through the Seafood HACCP Alliance for training and Education with New York Sea Grant and Cornell University.
- Seafood HACCP Information & Materials
Seafood HACCP plans, generic SSOP models and links to other HACCP resources offered from the Sea Grant Extension Program, University of California, Davis.