Manhattan, KS 66506
Construction of a $1.3 million, L shaped, Animal Industries Building with a large oval arena attached, began July, 1955. Formal acceptance of the building, named Weber Hall in honor of Dr. A. D. Weber, was held May 3, 1958, during the 45th Annual Kansas State College Livestock Feeders Day. Dr. Rufus F. Cox, head, Department of Animal Husbandry stated the new building was the only one in the country that housed a complete animal husbandry department. Ground was broken December 12, 1985, for a 23,000 square foot, $7.2 million, addition to and renovation of the building. The building was vacated during renovation and the faculty moved back December, 1987, classes resumed January 1988 and the meats laboratory was operational by July 1988.
David A. Nichols
227 Weber Hall
Specialization: Beef Management